Upon arrival, you may notice a few changes. Welcome to our new digital home, www.pvtx.gov, with many new streamlined capabilities powered by CivicPlus! Welcome to our new digital home, www.pvtx.gov, a .gov domain that provides security and lends legitimacy to our website and online tools, and helps our customers trust that our content is official. We have also had a design makeover and added many new streamlined capabilities powered by CivicPlus! We chose the CivicPlus platform for several reasons: familiarity, ease of use, capability and support. This platform is utilized by many local government entities across Texas and the United States but, more importantly, it is the primary platform utilized throughout Denton County. This familiarity is important for our current residents and businesses, but also for those considering a move to Providence Village. This platform will also allow us to easily adapt the site, making the most commonly accessed content, the easiest to find. It will also consolidate the channels of communication from the Town to our website and social media, as well as email and text notifications, which can be customized to the needs of the individual user.
And here are a few more of the advantages that our citizens can expect:
- A mobile-optimized design that ensures citizens can easily navigate and interact with content from any desktop computer, smartphone, or tablet, anytime and anywhere.
- Alert Center functionality allows website administrators to alert citizens with time-sensitive information and instructions using multiple channels, including the website homepage, social media, and email.
- Notify Me® Citizen Communication Subscription feature allows citizens to subscribe to receive multi-channel notifications on only those topics that matter most to them. Citizens can choose to be notified by email or text message.
- Calendar functionality allows citizens to stay informed about the scheduling of important local events, including public meetings, activities, community events, and other valuable opportunities for engagement.
- The Agenda Center allows for the storing, sharing, and searching of public meetings and agendas and enables citizens to remain informed and engaged in public policy and local issues.
- Personalized logins allow citizens to create an account associated with the website so it becomes a personalized tool to download forms, submit applications and permits, submit and track inquiries, and further engage in public dialog.
- Intuitive search functionality and navigation menus make it easy for citizens to locate what they are looking for from the homepage, whether it be how to file a permit, view council meeting minutes, or contact the municipal court.
- The highest data security standards that are backed by a team of cybersecurity experts.
Please take a few minutes to look around and let us know if there's something we can do better!