August 24, 2023 12:45 PM
Ground Fogging in Response to Positive West Nile Virus Mosquito Trap
Town of Providence Village Schedules Ground Fogging in Response to Positive WNV Mosquito Trap
August 23, 2023 – Denton County Public Health (DCPH) is reporting one positive West Nile Virus (WNV) mosquito trap in Providence Village. The positive mosquito trap is located in the Northeast area of Town East of Main St. (FM 2931) and East of Brewer Rd.
The town will conduct truck-based ultra-low volume fogging in the area near the positive WNV mosquito trap (Woodstone & The Enclave at Pecan Creek) beginning Friday, August 25, 2023. The ground spraying schedule is as follows, weather permitting:
• Friday, August 25, 2023, between the hours of 9 PM and 5 AM
• Saturday, August 26, 2023, between the hours of 9 PM and 5 AM
• Sunday, August 27, 2023, between the hours of 9 PM and 5 AM
DCPH advises residents to take the following steps to minimize risk of contracting WNV:
• Drain standing water in your yard and neighborhood to minimize mosquito breeding sites such as bird baths, flowerpots, and clogged rain gutters. Consider the use of BTI briquettes, often called mosquito dunks, in standing water that cannot be eliminated.
• Dress in long sleeves and pants when you are outside and spray thin clothing with repellent.
• Defend yourself by using EPA-registered repellent. Check for ingredients like DEET, Picaridin, or Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus.
Detailed maps of fog areas are located on the town website at pvtx.gov. Additional information including mosquito maps, latest news, and facts about WNV, can be found at the DCPH West Nile Virus website at DentonCounty.gov/WNV. Residents in the affected area are being informed via notice and electronic notifications.