The Court will issue a warrant when:

  • You fail to enter a plea on violations issued for your citation.
  • You fail to comply with the Orders of the Judge.
  • You do not complete a payment plan or fail to make payment as promised.

Failure to Make a Plea

If you fail to make a plea to the violation on your citation by your scheduled court date, the Court will:

  • Charge the stated fine amount
  • Issue a Failure to Appear or Violate Promise to Appear (additional fees will apply)
  • Issue a warrant for your arrest (additional fees will apply)

Failure to Meet the Orders of a Judge

If you have appeared before a judge and have agreed to a payment plan, community service, or other judicial orders, you must complete these orders as specified or a warrant will be issued for your arrest.

Resolving Warrants 

Your warrant may be cleared if you plea "no contest" or "guilty" to the charge and pay the fine and costs. If you want to plea "not guilty" to a charge after an arrest warrant has been issued, and a plea has not been entered, you must come to the Court to post the required bond and to obtain a pre-trial court date.

Getting Specific Information About Outstanding Warrants

To find out whether you have an outstanding warrant, you may call our office at 940-365-9333 ext. 403.