Driving Safety Course
DO NOT take a Driving Safety Course without obtaining permission from the Court.
What will I be ordered to do if I am granted permission to take a Driving Safety Course?
A Driving Safety Course is a 6-hour course in which you will be given 90 days to complete from the date the Judge grants you permission. The course may be taken online or in person. You will also be required to obtain your Driver Record. Upon successful completion of the agreement, the offense will be DISMISSED and not reported as a conviction.
What is required at the time I request a Driving Safety Course?
Request must be made on or before your appearance date. Requests can be submitted at the link below or by email or mail.
1) Proof of valid Texas Driver’s License or permit. If on active military duty or an active duty military spouse or dependent child, you are not required to have a valid Texas Driver’s License or permit.
2) Proof of Financial Responsibility (Insurance)
3) Plea of No Contest or Guilty, waiver of Jury Trial
4) Applicable Court Fee
5) Sworn Request/Affidavit for Driving Safety Course
Once I am granted permission by the Court, how do I find a Texas State-approved Driving Safety Course and obtain my Driver Record?
1) Driver Record - TYPE 3A
2) State-approved Driving Safety Course
What would make me ineligible to take a Driving Safety Course?
(May not contain a complete listing.)
- Offense committed in a construction zone, workers present
- Traffic offenses committed by a person with a Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Passing a school bus
- Leaving the scene of an accident
- Speeding 25 mph or more over the limit or in excess of 95 mph
- Completed Driving Safety Course for the dismissal of a traffic ticket within the 12 months preceding the date of the current offense
How do I submit my documents once I have completed the Driving Safety Course?
Once you have completed the Driving Safety course, you may submit your completed documentation at the Providence Village Town Hall and Municipal Court or upload the documents with the online form below.
Nothing contained herein is intended to be nor should be construed as legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. The information on this site is compiled and made available as a public service by the Town of Providence Village Municipal Court. However, neither the Court nor the Town of Providence Village makes any warranty as to the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of the information herein, and is not responsible for errors or omissions, or for results obtained from the use of this information. Distribution of the information does not constitute such a warranty. Use of the information is the sole responsibility of the user.